Saturday, December 6, 2014

Deck the Halls with Lots of Children

Now that Thanksgiving was in the books, Black Friday was conquered, and the Festival of Trees was enjoyed (posts for these are coming next!), it was time to decorate for Christmas! Decorating is so much more fun (and also more work) when trying to decorate with/around two kiddies. : ) 

How many males does it take to hang the beads on the tree? Three. The answer is three. 

 "All I want for Christmas is this string of beads that Max keeps taking from me!"



Two of  my handsomes!

Jack is in bed and it's time to put on the ornaments  : )

They did all the work. Thanks guys!

Me and My Buddy

The best of 7 self timer attempts at a family selfie.

Putting the star on, just like Garon!

"I did it!" (several star adjustments later)

Picking out the Christmas cookies that we should make. He chose all of them. 

The first reading this season of The Night Before Christmas, 
read and recorded by one of Justin's late grandfathers. So special!

Now the countdown to Christmas begins-yaaaay!! We wanted a way to explain to Max that Christmas is coming and to help build the anticipation. I'm not too fond of the traditional advent calendars with a piece of chocolate each day or something like that. I was inspired by some cool festive boxes on clearance at Target and I made our own Advent Calendar! 


So far Max has opened a great book about why we celebrate Christmas that he's totally not interested in, a 50 cent pom pom snowman craft that he LOVED but it made me want to take my own life, a 99 cent snowman puzzle which was so great, a Christmas cup that Max hasn't stopped using, and gel snowflakes which are now adorning our front window for all to enjoy. So it's a success so far! Coming up there are lots of free coloring pages I printed, and Christmas activities I got last year on clearance after Christmas- score! It will be so fun when there are only a few left and Max can tell that Christmas is getting closer! No promises that this will happen next year when I have three children. We will enjoy it one year at a time : )

No comments:

Post a Comment