Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Waiting for Baby!!

It's a few days until my due date and I'm still pregnant! And I'm totally okay with that. I am trying to enjoy every last minute of being a family of 3. It's funny how the second time around you know alllll about the weeks and weeks of sleep deprived life ahead of you- so you are okay with waiting another day or two to meet the baby : )

In the meantime we've been having fun preparing for another little guy in our life, including creating a new nursery for him! Max's room is so special to me because its unique and I created it with my wonderful friend Katie- who now lives in London! Needless to say, she could not help me with this one. We shared ideas over email and then I was ready to get to work. I wanted the nursery to be light and airy, not too "baby-ish", and still be somewhat unique like Max's. After a couple months of gradually putting it together, I surprised Justin with the result and we both LOVE IT. It's crazy thinking that a new little person will inhabit the room soon : ) 

Thanks to my sister Sarah for finding these awesome alphabet cards from Given Goods Company! Crib skirt coming.. made by my awesome Aunt Diane!


You know we LOVE pictures... so we have lots of blank frames waiting for pics of our new cutie patootie and our family of 4!

Sorry for the awkward white out circles but we've decided not to share the name until the baby is born, so no cheating by seeing the initials!!

Fun little details...

Backing up to the fall... the room was an interesting yellow color and functioned as a guest room when Garon used to stay with us all the time. Then it turned into a storage room which took us MANY hours to unravel! The difference between then and now is amazing...

From the beginning, Max was in on all the action. One of the first things I got for the new baby was a cute little scentsy frog. Max likes to make sure it still smells all the time. Thankfully, he got his own scentsy monkey for Christmas from Grammy. Im sure that means he'll let the frog belong solely to his little brother  ; )

"I'll just keep moving the paint can around while you clean up." Everyone has a job.

Justin worked miracles in correcting mistakes the previous owners had made. Finally the walls were smooth again, primed, and ready for me! I wanted to surprise Justin with the final result, so at this point the nursery was off limits to him and the fun began : )

I got the crazy idea to paint stripes on the wall to make it interesting... Yes that means lots of tape! It was a lot of work at first but I got the hang of it quickly and every time I pulled the tape off I was so happy with the result that it was worth the effort!

Progress! I couldn't have finished without my friend Jenny coming over one morning to help finish the painting and move the furniture in. I was quite pregnant at this point and so she wouldn't let me lift a finger. That means that I WATCHED her carry the huge arm chair up our stairs all by herself! True friendship! : )

Now that the nursery is finished and waiting for baby, Max likes to check on it daily and make sure everything is in working order. There is a lot of rocking the stuffed animals in the rocker and many strong discussions about why Max cannot climb in there himself. This happens to be a day when Max was checking the temperature of the elephant. There was clearly a situation with the q-tips as well. 

We often dance to the music of the playmat. By "we dance" I mean that I sit in the big comfy chair while Max dances for 10 seconds and then gets out every toy in the nursery.

Last pictures to end the nursery fun..... Measuring Mommy's belly! True story.




1 comment:

  1. You are seriously the funniest person alive. In related news... My phone just auto corrected "funniest" to "robust" which is hilarious given the last two pictures.
    Finally... I still can't believe you painted those stripes. I inevitably would have screwed it up, been mad, changed game plan, and had Tim paint the rest of the room. True story.

    ReplyDelete