Monday, August 18, 2014

Beach Vacation Continued!

It is officially end of summer vacation at our house tonight! Justin headed back to Kenwood High School today as the English Department Chair and Max and Jackson went back to Nana's. I'm not quite ready to let go of summer yet, so this is a perfect time for another installment of our beach vacation!

We always celebrate Sarah's birthday during our beach vaca- partly because it usually falls on or near her birthday, but also because she was born there while my parents were on vacation 33 years ago! All family who is in the vicinity is invited and we party at the Blue Crab. All you can eat crabs for anyone who doesnt have to take care of two children during dinner! My sauteed lump crab meat was delicious :)

The calm before the storm (of crabs)...



Everyone is very busy picking crabs. yummmm


Saying Hi to Jackson between crabs


Aunt Sarah doesnt mind Jackson playing with her sunglasses. I believe this is right before she let him knock over a glass of ice water onto her and several others. 

Nighttime Paddleboarding



Sarah says its EASY, so of course I have to try. 

"Stand up right there". Super helpful. First of all, the water is gross. Second of all, the water was dark.

Did it! But i better go back to shore right away because it's getting late. 

 More paddleboarding the next day. Grandmother, Aunt Suzy and Uncle Tom joined us as Sarahs bday celebration continued!


Garon and Max supervise the present opening. 

Garon always love chatting with Auzy Suzy and Uncle Tom.

Cutie pies

After a quick night's sleep, we headed to the beach again. Really, at this point I think I was tired and just going for the numerous iced coffees from the Artful Bean that my hubby would supply me with as the day went on. Love him. : )

Max spent the first half hour of most beach days eating his huge egg and cheese sandwich while trying to not drop it in the sand. Which resulted in him dropping it in the sand numerous times.  

Livin the Life. 

This kid also has a good life. 

"Thank goodness I finished/buried my sandwich in time to help Pop-Pop put up the 12 umbrellas!"

"Yay Im so happy I dont have to help!"


BFFs

 THIS is an awesome Daddy. 
Hasn't even had time to eat his breakfast yet and he's filling up the baby pool tiny bucket by tiny bucket. It was well worth it for the 45 seconds of enjoyment that Jackson had swimming in it!

It's funny that Sarah thought she could drink her coffee while playing with Max in the surf. LOL

Exactly.

Aunt Sarah is a fan of the baby pool. "Thanks Justin!"

Daddy/Son Project of the Day: Build a huge hole using every sand instrument that they brought. 


 I'll just relax here and watch. Good job boys.

It was a very complicated process of digging that involved Justin taking sand out of the hole while Max put some in. 

Phew. Time for Daddy's nap. HAHAHA thats funny ; )

We love our helpers!! : )

Garon fills his bucket each day with hot sand.. its very calming for him and he loves it. Max finally noticed and thought he could use some help. Garon was a good sport  : )

This pile of sand looks perfect for Garons bucket. 


Oops.. Max went swimming. 

There was a lot of him yelling "swim like Dory!" as he dove in the opposite direction of my life-saving arms


The Crabwalk. Bringin it back. 


Jack think most things are funny : )


"Good job Max!"

"Nana is going to let me go swimming ANY minute now!"

"This way Nana.... into the ocean please"


"Look at me- jumping waves!"



Baywatch.

My Favorite Siblings

My Favorite Siblings and my Favorite Mom

Ready. To. Roll. 

Bless this man. 

"Hahahaha we're so funny"

Beach Snuggles

"Come on Nana, follow the leader!"


Impressing the girls with his break dancing.

"Carrying the bucket on my LEG will surely get her attention!"

Exploring with Pop-Pop

Another great day, time to relax : )





No comments:

Post a Comment